SmileSense now offers Zoom Whitening!
Do you have an important event coming up? Wedding, vacation, graduation? Would you like to see your teeth up to two shades whiter after just one appointment?
SmileSense is excited to now be offering in-office Zoom Whitening! This is the whitening process where all of the work is done by us, in the office, and you just get to lay in our comfy chairs and watch Netflix!
After a checkup, cleaning and whitening consult to ensure you are a good candidate for the procedure, you will be booked back for a 1.5 hour whitening appointment. At the start of your appointment, our wonderful staff will perform all the necessary pre-operative procedures and everything will be explained to you as it is being done. After all of the pre-operative tasks are completed, the whitening gel is applied, and the light is concentrated on your teeth for four 15-minute sessions. *In between each session the whitening gel is removed and re-applied before re-placing the light. *
After the last of the 15-minute sessions, all gels, liquids and attachments required for the whitening treatment are removed, the teeth are rinsed, and you are ready to go home with whiter teeth. (Before and after photos may be taken). You will be sent home with a post-operative care package.
Brighten Your Smile With Our Teeth Whitening Kit
Do you feel like your teeth are yellow or stained and no amount of brushing is helping? SmileSense is happy to offer all of our patients one free whitening kit.
After an initial exam to be sure there is no decay on any of your teeth (any existing decay will become incredibly sensitive and should be fixed before doing any sort of cosmetic procedures), impressions will be taken of your top and bottom teeth. An assistant will fabricate customized trays made of a plastic material that conform to your teeth only. Our office uses Phillips Zoom Whitening Gel; there are different peroxide concentrations depending on whether your teeth are sensitive or not.
Instructions for Use
- Place a small drop of gel into every compartment of the tray for the teeth undergoing treatment. (Look in the mirror and smile as wide as you can, you only want to whiten the teeth that you can see when you smile or else you will waste the gel on back teeth that never get seen.)
- Seat the tray, with the gel, on the teeth.
- Wipe away excess gel in mouth with a tissue or a dry, soft brush.
- After treatment*, remove tray. Rinse tray and mouth with lukewarm water.
- Brush teeth to remove excess gel.
*Treatment is once per day, for 45 minutes. If you have sensitivity you can either do a treatment every other day, or decrease the amount of time the tray is in your mouth (go down to 30 minutes for example).
For Effective Results
- Do not eat, drink or smoke during treatment.
- Do not smoke immediately after treatment – wait for at least two hours.
- Foods and drinks containing strong colours should be avoided for at least 48 hours after the treatment period or consumed in moderation.
- Use gel at room temperature.