Brighten Your Smile With Our Teeth Whitening Kit
Do you feel like your teeth are yellow or stained and no amount of brushing is helping? SmileSense is happy to offer all of our patients one free whitening kit.
After an initial exam to be sure there is no decay on any of your teeth (any existing decay will become incredibly sensitive and should be fixed before doing any sort of cosmetic procedures), impressions will be taken of your top and bottom teeth. An assistant will fabricate customized trays made of a plastic material that conform to your teeth only. Our office uses Phillips Zoom Whitening Gel; there are different peroxide concentrations depending on whether your teeth are sensitive or not.
Instructions for Use
- Place a small drop of gel into every compartment of the tray for the teeth undergoing treatment. (Look in the mirror and smile as wide as you can, you only want to whiten the teeth that you can see when you smile or else you will waste the gel on back teeth that never get seen.)
- Seat the tray, with the gel, on the teeth.
- Wipe away excess gel in mouth with a tissue or a dry, soft brush.
- After treatment*, remove tray. Rinse tray and mouth with lukewarm water.
- Brush teeth to remove excess gel.
*Treatment is once per day, for 45 minutes. If you have sensitivity you can either do a treatment every other day, or decrease the amount of time the tray is in your mouth (go down to 30 minutes for example).
For Effective Results
- Do not eat, drink or smoke during treatment.
- Do not smoke immediately after treatment – wait for at least two hours.
- Foods and drinks containing strong colours should be avoided for at least 48 hours after the treatment period or consumed in moderation.
- Use gel at room temperature.